- The UA Experience
- Unique Features
- Our Community
- School Spirit
- UA Family Commitment
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Out of School Care
- School Documents & Policies
- Future Families
- News and Events
- Why UA?
- About Us
- Contact Us
International students make up a small percentage of the Urban Academy student population, but what they bring to the Urban Academy community is immeasurable. From learning about a new culture to being exposed to another language, both the local and international students benefit from learning about one another.
The intimate classroom sizes and personal attention also helps students from other countries learn about Canada, and our language at an accelerated pace. Urban Academy welcomes international students from all over the world, which enhances the learning of every student who attends our school.
The application process for International Students is as follows:
• Complete the application package that includes the International Student Application Form as well as supporting documents such as a copy of the passport, a report card and reference letter.
• Submit the application package with a $250 application fee to the school.
• The Head of School will review the application package.
• We will conduct a Skype interview with the parents, the applicant and Head of School. After that interview, the Head of School makes a decision regarding acceptance.
• Once a student receives acceptance, they will pay tuition.
• Once tuition is received, you will receive a formal letter of acceptance and payment that the embassy requires to process a visa.
For more details regarding attending UA as an international student, please view the International Tuition Fees & Application Form Fees are outlined here:
FEE SCHEDULE 2017/2018
- Application Fee (one-time, non-refundable): $250
- Tuition (non-refundable): Junior Kindergarten - $15,000; Kindergarten to Grade 12: $18,395
- Consolidated Fee: Includes the Facilities Fee, Text Book & Technology Fee, Field Trip and Special Events Fees. The consolidated fee for JK - Grade 5 also includes school supplies. As courses vary for middle and high school students, a separate school supply list will be distributed in advance of the start fo the school year. Fees vary as follows:
Grades 1-7: $850
Grades 8-12: $875