Head of School’s Weekly Message
June 7, 2019
Dear Urban Academy Families,
Congratulations to Kalima Ngobi who placed 8th in the Provincial Track finals at Kelowna last weekend! She did an amazing job in a number of events and was a very determined competitor. We are proud of her work and she represented us well.
The next year end event is Father’s Day Breakfast for JK to Grade 5 dads, Friday, June 14 starting at 8am. You and your child can have a simple but delicious breakfast together in our foyer and Multi-Purpose Room area and then spend some time visiting your child’s classroom. We look forward to seeing you all there.
Earlier this week I put out an update to our families on our new facility as well as some organizational details for September. Thank you for your attention to that. The new start and end times of day for students, now that we are all together in one building, is an important piece of information for families to have to plan for pick up and drop off. I have included it again below for your convenience:
Start Times for 2019-2020 school year
• Front door opens at 8:20am, parkade door opens at 8:15am
• JK is dropped off at 8:50am with instruction commencing at 9:00am
• K-Grade 5 can go to class at 8:35am (teachers are in classrooms), instruction starts at 8:45am
• Grades 6-12 can go up at 8:20am, instruction starts at 8:35am
End Times for 2019-2020 school year
• JK is picked up at 3:00pm
• K-Grade 5 students are dismissed at 3:15pm
• K-Grade 4 families can go to classrooms for pick-up at 3:15pm
• Grade 5 students will come down to the foyer at 3:15pm
• Grade 6-12 dismisses at 3:30pm and students come down to the foyer or leave on their own
Parking passes for JK and K families will go on sale on June 17 at $20 per month for next year. A full year must be purchased. OOSC passes will not be issued – OOSC parents can access the parkade but must drop off before 8am and pick up after 4pm in order to use the covered parkade. This will keep our students safe in that space.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Mrs. Cheryle Beaumont
Head of School