- The UA Experience
- Unique Features
- Our Community
- School Spirit
- UA Family Commitment
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Out of School Care
- School Documents & Policies
- Future Families
- News and Events
- Why UA?
- About Us
- Contact Us
Board Nominations Invitation
Currently, Urban Academy is seeking innovative, motivated, and community minded individuals to be appointed to our Board of Directors for a renewable two-year term.
All Candidates must:
• understand and support the Urban Academy Vision, Mission and Values
• be prepared to contribute 10 – 15 hours per month in Board and committee work
• be prepared to sign a confidentiality and Board Commitment Agreement upon appointment to the Board.
Ideally candidates will possess skills or experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Board or Executive Director roles
• Business Development experience in an Independent School or non-profit environment, either as a volunteer or paid employee
• Community Engagement/Communications
• Financial Management or Accounting
• Fundraising/Advancement work
• Legal or Strategic Management
• Marketing/Public Relations work
Individuals may nominate themselves, or be nominated by another person providing that person has the prior consent of the prospective candidate.